Sponsored Post: America is the ultimate outdoor destination, and Visit the USA have made it even easier to plan your next adventure with their new USA Trip Planner. Find out how I created the dream #WanderlustWish road trip around Utah, and win £200 towards your next trip to the USA.
Plan your dream USA road trip
It’s hard to pick just one state to explore in a country as wild and varied as America, but Utah has always been high on my bucket list. It’s rightly famous as a climber’s haven and for Moab’s gorgeous rainbow-coloured rock formations, but there’s also far more to explore than that – there are the lush green Wasatch mountains to mountain bike, pretty towns like Park City stuffed with friendly pubs to stay in and no less than 13 national parks to hike. This state is an active explorer’s playground.
I loved using Visit the USA’s new trip planner tool to plan my dream Utah road trip. You simply type in where you dream of travelling to in America and when and it creates a personalised daily itinerary tailored to you.
When I played with planning a trip to Utah, I got to choose if I want a fast paced or laid-back itinerary, if I wanted to see popular sights or hidden gems and, best of all, what themes I wanted to run through my adventure – I went for ‘outdoor’ of course, but you could choose ‘culture’, ‘wildlife’ and more. Up came suggestions tailored to me – a trip to Zion National Park and a few days exploring Moab’s canyon country, plus hikes, river rafting and places to stay on the way. Searching for hidden gems brings up Mexican Hat, where you can trek the Wildcat Trail on the border of the Navajo Nations. If you’re a foodie, try searching by city as well as by state – Park City is high on my bucket list after reading about the foodie (and whisky) delights you can find on Main Street.
The only downside to using Visit The USA’s trip planner? You’re likely to feel uncontrollable wanderlust.
COMPETITION: Win £200 towards your USA #WanderlustWish
Heading stateside this year? Visit the USA and I are offering one adventurous reader of The Girl Outdoors £200 in holiday vouchers towards a trip to America. To enter, simply use the Visit the USA Trip Planner to plan an adventure in one of your top five American destinations and then let me know where your #WanderlustWish destination is in the comments below.
This post is in conjunction with Visit The USA but all thoughts are my own
• The Wanderlust Wish Contest is open to entrants aged 18 and over, who are resident in the UK (Mainland).
• Employees of the Promoter, its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Contest are not eligible to enter.
• Entrants into the Contest shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
• Participation is permitted irrespective of purchase of a product/service. No purchase necessary.
How to Enter:
• Entries must be submitted between the dates stipulated by this post (“Entry Period”). • To successfully enter, a person (“Entrant”) must:
• Use the Visit The USA Holiday planner tool and plan a trip to their top 5 USA destinations. The Entrant must then write a few words and submit their entry as a comment on this article with the hashtag #WanderlustWish
• There is only one entry per person allowed.
• There is one prize available for the Contest in this post.
• The winner will be required to respond to the notification from the Promoter within 14 days, confirming where their prize should be sent. The winner will receive their prize within 28 days of providing such postal address (mainland UK only). The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event that a winner does not respond to the Promoter’s notification or where a prize is not received by a winner as a result of that Entrant having provided inaccurate address details when requested.
• If the winner fails to provide verification or address information within 14 days of a request from the Promoter or should the Promoter establish that the qualifying criteria was not met, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner selected from the remaining entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
• The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest without any prior notice.
Privacy and collection of personal data:
• The Entrant’s email address and personal details will be used for no other reason than to notify a participant if they are a winner.
• By entering the prize draw, Participants grant the Promoter the right to contact them regarding their entry
• The Promoter will not be liable if a winner is unable to receive their prize for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter. Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and no cash alternatives will be available.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the prize. The Promoter further accepts no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer arising from their participation in the Contest.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Entries that fail to meet the entry mechanics, are uploaded outside of the Entry Period or which do not qualify for as an entry for any reason (including where the Entrant does not include hashtag #WanderlustWish)